Friday, January 08, 2016

ALBUM ART CRUSH | Björk, "Voltaïc"



In my first post of 2016, I hope to dedicate a segment to a that holds alot of inspiration for me: album art!


Kicking off the first album art crush is Björk's 2009 release, Voltaïc. It's a limited edition LP/CD/DVD boxset comprising of related material from her studio album, Volta. I'm not the biggest fan of Björk, but I always enjoy the unconventional approach of the designs of her album releases.







Just look at those LP sleeves!


image credit: Christian Montone

The overall colour scheme of Voltaïc consists of bright, acidic colours, almost like colours you would associate with psychedelic drugs and/or music. Despite this I think it's a great scheme for an eye-catching boxset! (especially with those yummy pink, orange, yellow and cyan tones)

Till next time,
Yolande

No comments:

Post a Comment